Labels:

Banana Mash for Wrinkles


Everywhere you look, you see a revolution of organic products being used commercially - berry infused shampoos, cocoa-butter lotion, lemon extracts in facial cleansers, and the likes. Being the budget-conscious wife that I am, I went straight to the source and experimented to see if any of those natural beauty recipes really work. On a side note, I truly believe that in everything, the nearer it is to the natural state that God created it, the better it is for you.

The simplest (and easiest ingredient to procure) is the Banana Mash. They claim that is a great wrinkle fighter, as the lowly banana (which we know is rich in potassium) has antioxidants that help keep the skin looking soft and supple. It is also supposedly a good regenerating agent as it restores collagen in our skin.

To make, just mash 1/4 of a banana using a fork until it is very creamy. Spread it all over the face and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. You might want to lay down and watch TV while it is on your face as it will run off. Or put a bib on to catch those straying banana gloops. Rinse off with warm water, followed by a dash of cold. Gently pat dry.

What I liked:
- It is cheap, and the ingredient is easy to obtain
- It is natural
- Very easy to make
- There is a tightening sensation on your face while the mask is on (due to the stickiness of the substance?)
- I really felt that my skin was smoother and more supple after removing the goo off my face.

What I didn't like:
- It is very uncomfortable while it is on your skin
- Might stick to your hair!
- It is hard to make the cream stay on your face. It slides off naturally.
- After I washed it off, there was an itching sensation that lasted for about a minute.

The verdict:

I like the fact that my skin felt tight and supple after trying this banana mash. I feel that it has some real promise. Not to mention, with bananas at only 69 cents a pound, it gives you the biggest bang for your buck.

I will recommend this to people who are not afraid to get their hands (or faces) dirty, and who doesn't have uber-sensitive skin.

But as to the effectiveness of the banana mash... if I decide to continue doing this regimen, I will let you know if I still haven't developed wrinkles after 5 years.

0 comments:

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters