Labels:

Bird Watching

I was playing with my dog this morning when I noticed that she seemed to pick up a scent. This wasn't really new, as she loves to hunt and would usually follow a trail anytime she picks one up. The odd thing today was, she was sniffing and looking upwards. So I followed her gaze and my jaw almost dropped at the sight of a gargantuan bird perched on top of one of our trees.

click on picture for larger view

This picture doesn't really do justice to it, as it was more
breath-taking, vivid and awesome when seen in person. Also, this picture was taken from about 100 feet away. It was probably an eagle or a hawk. I really couldn't tell as it was so far.

Truly, God's works are remarkable and can be seen in everything around us.


"Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds." (Psalm 148:7-10)

3 comments:

Deelixuz said...

Wow! That thing is HUGE! :) Good thing that's not a vulture! :O

♥peachkins♥ said...

Hi J, So nice to meet you. Si peanutbutter nga pala ay nasa Dubai. Thanks for dropping by my blogs...

p. said...

I do bird watching too, Ate J. Minsan, hinihiram ko binoculars lang mom-n-law ko para mkita ko closer yong birdies. Nweiz, couple months ago, I saw a big yellow bird in a poplar tree behind my nlaw's house. I google the image at si Big Bird ang lumabas, yong character sa Sesame Street hehe...

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters