Labels:

Real Life Farmville

I recently tried my hand at gardening. It was very tiring and frustrating, yet there is a feeling of satisfaction and hope that something good will come out of your hard work. I have also been seeing a lot of my "friends" lately, these are the little critters that you really don't pay much attention to, but will pop out every once in a while to scare the bejeebers out of you. Such as this weird-looking spider...


I am inclined to believe that this is the Asian Lady Beetle (Harmonia Axyridis) due to the number of spots it has on its back, but I could be wrong...


An unidentified baby caterpillar (or worm... I thought it was a Cabbage Looper, though)



And the most menacing of all (ominous sound effect playing)... the Florida Woods Cockroach (Eurycotis Floridana).


Luckily, it couldn't fly so I was able to spray it with poison. However, it was enough to give me nightmares and scar me for life. It wasn't really bad, but they look so scary cause they have ridges (uggghhh... *cringing*) If you want to see a clearer picture of this roach, click here.

There is also a Black Racer Snake lurking in our garden, but the first time I saw it, I was petrified and wasn't able to take a picture. I now know that I shouldn't be scared of it, as it is non-venomous, and it eats the roaches (see pic above) around. Yay, snake!!!

I thought that the "gardening" category of my blog
be called "Real Life Farmville" because of this creature...

The Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly (Eurytides marcellus). For those of you who play Farmville, this insect would be familiar to you. This beau
tiful butterfly just flitted happily from flower to flower. Although I must say, after a few snapshots, it probably thought that I was a papparazzi cause it flew to our neighbor's yard haha.


The Blue Skimmer dragonfly (Orthetrum caledonicum) is beautiful and huge!



Seaside dragonlet (Erythrodiplax berenice)


Feel free to correct me if I got the names of the insects wrong. And please help me identify the unknown ones. More pics to follow!

1 comments:

p. said...

Ate J, ganyan talaga pag naka tira sa country side. Marami din dito sa amin. 2 nights ago, we found a baby snake sa yard namin, kaya ngayon careful na aq kung saan aapak, mahirap na eh.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters