Labels:

Strawberry Milkshake


There's something about this cold weather that makes me want to eat cold food. Weird, huh? So I decided to one-up my vanilla ice cream by adding fresh strawberries to it. Yummy!

As I was reading about milkshakes, I found out these interesting facts:

1. A British newspaper was credited to be the first to reference a milkshake. The original recipe called for a shot of whiskey!

2. McDonald's milkshakes used to be 40 cents. 

3. Milkshakes maybe blended or shaken. (I really don't care as long as it goes straight to my tummy!)

4. September 12 is National Milkshake Day in the United States. Hurrah! I'm gonna mark my calendar now...


What you need:
  • 1 cup of vanilla ice cream
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries
  • 2 tablespoons honey

What to do:

Put all the ingredients in a blender and process for about a minute, or until it reaches your desired consistency. It might be thick because of the ice cream, so try pressing pulse instead. Garnish with a strawberry and enjoy!


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:

1. Add more honey if your strawberries are tart.
2. You can also use frozen strawberries!
3. Try it with exaporated milk for a creamier taste.
 

1 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

minsan talaga kung kailan malamig tsaka masarap kumain ng malamig!

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters