Labels:

Chicken Marinated in Garlic Oil



This was the first recipe I used the garlic oil with. It was from the same edition of Everyday Food Magazine (July/August 2011). The dish was very, very tasty and I tried to make it a bit healthier by removing the chicken skin.

Ugh. What a harrowing experience. I would have preferred pre-skinned chicken, but that was not what I had in my fridge. So I took it upon myself to "peel the poultry." DO NOT attempt to do so, unless you are very good with the knife and not squeamish. I mean, I wasn't squeamish - but the experience was still too much for me.

Anyway... my family loved this dish. The lemon really gave it a kick and went so well with the chicken. The garlic oil was superb and gave the chicken a subtle garlic flavor. Try it!


What you need:

1/4 cup garlic oil (with some cloves)
1 lemon, cut into thin rounds
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 pound chicken leg quarters, skins removed (about 3 pieces)
coarse salt and ground pepper


What to do: 

In a large ziploc bag, combine garlic oil and cloves, lemon, parsley, and chicken. Shake to coat, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is better).

Preheat oven to 450°F. Put the chicken leg quarters, lemon, and garlic cloves to a roasting pan or baking sheet covered in foil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until cooked through (about 170°F), around 30 to 35 minutes.


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks: 

1. I removed the chicken skin for health purposes. Feel free to try your recipe with chicken skin on.
2. If you have another lemon, squirt a  bit of juice on the chicken before serving.
3. Best served with steamed veggies or rice!



2 comments:

anney said...

Dito naman samin kay Ykaie lahat napupunta ang chicken skin! hehehe! Yun lang kasi kinakain nya sa manok pero unti unti pinapakain ng mommy nya ng laman kaya lang minsan ginagawang bubble gum. Kinakatas lang. lol!

Boy Takaw said...

Ang sarap! Pwedeng pwede pulutan :)

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters