Labels:

Easy Garlic Green Beans


Yes, I am a garlic addict. Vampires beware. 

There's something about garlic that makes a dish so... appetizing. I can't eat certain noodles without toasted garlic. I would eat garlic bread 3x a day if I could. I would pop garlic chips in my mouth like they're candy. I guess it's not really a bad thing since this lowly bulb has a lot of medicinal benefits.

My mother-in-law cooked garlic green beans a few weeks ago and it was so good that I had to copy it. This is a great side dish - tasty and very healthy. 


What you need:

1/2 pound green beans
1 head of garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
salt and pepper, to taste
lemon (optional)


What to do:

Trim the ends of green beans and blanch it for about a minute and a half. Place immediately in a bowl of iced water to stop from cooking and retain color.

Meanwhile, melt the butter and add olive oil in a pan or wok over medium-low heat. Saute garlic until light brown, then add the drained green beans. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving plate and squeeze lemon juice just before serving.

Mmmm... garlicky goodness!

Tricks, Tweaks and Tricks: 

1. Don't forget to drain the green beans before adding it to the oil!
2. Try adding shallots - and let me know how it tastes!

3. To get more juice from the lemon, microwave it for about 10 to 15 seconds.

8 comments:

Gita Asuncion said...

i love garlic, too! im sure this dish is deelish. will try this sometime. pwede din siguro asparagus no?

Aarthi said...

Totally YUMMY

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

emz said...

Oh my, i love this dish! its healthy and just right.:) i envy you, u can cook anytime you like or can..my lifestyle sucks! i can't have the chance.......ugghhhh!

Gio of The Hungry Giant said...

Comfort food for me is string beans, with LOTS of garlic, sauteed with pork. haha Sadly, I can't enjoy eating veggies without pork and garlic. hahaha! this brings back great memories! :D

anney said...

Yan ang tinatawag na simple pero rock! Yumminess nga yan! I love garlic too!

peachkins said...

Oo nga, garlic addict din kami ni sis...

Guia Obsum said...

This looks great. We're always on the lookout for new veggie recipes since we always like to pair one with our meat viands. :)

Rome Diwa said...

yumminess yan. Gusto ko nyan yung adobo ( tas maraming taba ng baboy,lol) tapos kinabukasan na kakinin.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters