Labels: ,

Homemade Java Chip Frappuccino

Look at those crushed morsels at the bottom!

I found myself with a cold cup of coffee one day because I forgot to drink the cup that hubby brewed that morning. I could have zapped it in the microwave, but I did something better - I made Java Chip Frappuccino. It saved me a trip to Starbucks, and about $5 (since I have all the ingredients at hand!).

I got the recipe here, I just halved the amount to make 2 instead of four servings. Tweaked, of course, to suit my taste. Enjoy!


What you need:

2 cups freshly brewed coffee (I used Italian Roast)
3 tablespoons dark chocolate syrup + more for drizzling
2 tablespoons dark chocolate morsels
1 cup crushed ice
whipped cream


What to do: 

Put crushed ice in blender. Add coffee, 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup, and chocolate morels. Blend until thick and icy. Transfer to a glass and top with whipped cream. Drizzle with more chocolate syrup. 
view from the top


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks: 

1. Do not use hot coffee in this recipe. It will instantly melt the crushed ice.
2. Make sure you blend it well - and scoop out all those chocolate morsels that would get stuck on the blades of your blender.
3. Add more ice if you want a thicker frap.


6 comments:

Rome Diwa said...

bongga! a treat to starbucks!

Gio said...

This looks doable. hahaha congrats on the savings! :D

Vina Yabut said...

OM! I love this!! :)

I you have time, please join my post birthday blog giveaway at vinayabut.blogspot.com

Thanks :)

peachkins said...

nothing beats homemade because it's made the way you want it...

Casey said...

This is dreamy. I think, I could just stare at it for a while, enjoying the visual. Then, I would make it disappear. Yummy.

Boy Takaw said...

Looks delicious! :p Javachip is my staple order at Starbucks pa naman.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters